The Formula Editor is where Designers can define formulas for a dashboard's widgets.
If you are familiar with the Formula Editor, see the Quick Reference Guide. For a detailed guide with examples, continue reading below.
To open the Formula Editor:
- Do one of the following:
- For a new widget, click Select Data, and then .
- For an existing widget, click on the edit formula button .
The Formula Editor has two tabs, the Data Browser to select fields and the Functions tab to select formula operations. You can create a formula combining one or more function, field and filters. The diagram below highlights the main components of the formula panel.
- Functions are operations which perform different calculations, for example a sum. Use the ‘Jump To’ menu or the search box to quickly find the formula you need.
- Fields in the Data Browser are variables contained in the data set (ElastiCube). Clicking on a field in the data browser will include it as part of the formula.
- Filters can be applied to restrict formulas based on criteria.
- Starring is a way to save a formula for later use.
- The Formula Editor window can be expanded by clicking the expand button at the top right.