Creating and Removing a Relationship between Tables
Relationships specify the connection between tables and enable you to pull data together in meaningful ways. For example, order information is more useful when you know which customer placed each order.
However, you don’t need to store both the customer and order information in the same table. Customer and order data can be stored in two related tables with a relationship specified between the two tables to view each order and its corresponding customer information.
In practical terms relationships allow you to query and combine data from multiple tables in your dashboard.
To manually create a relationship between tables in the ElastiCube Manager:
- Drag a table with the relevant field onto another table with the relevant field.
The Relationship preview window is displayed.
- Click the columns to be joined from each table. Ensure both fields that you are using to create the relationship are of the same type, for example decimal fields.
See the video below for a quick example.
- To check or change the field type, in the left pane, click the field type of the field you want to change and select the new type from the list of possible types displayed below it.
- Click Save to join the tables.
To delete an existing relationship:
- Click on any part of the existing relationship. The Delete icon is displayed.
- Click to delete the relationship.