With the ElastiCube Manager, you can easily create custom tables, which combine existing data. This is useful for preparing and cleansing data. Follow the steps below to learn how to add custom tables using SQL.
To create a custom table:
- Click Add Data in the top menu of the ElastiCube Manager.
- Under the Custom category, select Custom SQL Expression.
- In the window that opens, enter the name of the custom table, and click .
- In the Table Editor, you can enter SQL statements to access tables and fields that exist in the ElastiCube Manager schema. See also SQL Reference and Function Reference.
- Once you complete an SQL statement, click on the Parse SQL Expression icon to validate the statement.
- To view results based on the SQL statement, click the Preview result table icon .
Note: You can save an incomplete or invalid SQL expression, however you will not be able to build the custom expression. At least one build including the relevant base table must be completed in order to preview results.
- To save changes or save and exit, click on one of the Save icons.
- Press Ctrl + Space to complete an SQL statement.
- To make it easier to access table fields, give the table name an alias and reference the alias to bring up the related fields. For example SELECT A. FROM A.
- You can add comments in expressions by using the ‘–’ for a single line or /…/ for blocks.
Hey! Was this article helpful?
Questions? Ask the community.