The Sisense Exact connector is a standalone connector that allows you to import data from Exact’s API into the ElastiCube Manager. After you have downloaded and installed the connector, you can connect through a connection string you provide Sisense in the ElastiCube Manager. The connection string is used to authenticate users who connect to the Exact APIs. To obtain a connection string, you will need to create a Exact app.
Once you have connected to Exact, you can import a variety of tables from the Exact API.
This page describes how to install the Exact connector, how to connect to Exact with a connection string, and what tables you can import into the ElastiCube Manager:
- Installing the Exact Connector
- Connecting to the Exact REST API
- Adding Exact Tables to your ElastiCube
- Exact Tables
Sisense provides the Exact connector as a standalone connector that you can download and add to your list of default Sisense connectors.
To install the Exact connector:
- Download the Exact installation file.
- Open the installation file and click Install.
- After the installation process is complete, click Close.
The Exact connector is displayed in the ElastiCube Manager under Add Data > Web Services.
To access Exact’s REST API from the ElastiCube Manager, you must provide valid Oauth Exact credentials through a connection string. These credentials are provided by Exact when you register an application.
After you receive your credentials from Exact, you can create the connection string and provide Sisense with it to connect to your data.
Registering an App
Follow the steps below to obtain the OAuth client credentials, the OAuthClientId and OAuthClientSecret:
- Create an Exact Online developer account.
- Log into the App Center and click Manage Apps> Add a New Application.
- Enter the app name to be displayed to users when they are prompted to grant permissions to your app.
- Enter the Redirect URI.If you are making a desktop application, set the Redirect URI to http://localhost:portnumber.If you are making a Web application, set the Redirect URI to a page you would like the user to be returned to after they have granted your application permissions.
- Click Edit for your app. The client credentials, the client Id and client secret, are displayed.
Authenticating through Exact
After setting the following connection properties, you are ready to connect:
- OAuthClientId: If you want to use an app you registered with Exact Online, set this value to the client Id you defined in your app settings. To use the embedded credentials of the driver, leave this value blank.
- OAuthClientSecret: If you want to use an app you registered with Exact Online, set this value to the client secret you defined in your app settings. To use the embedded credentials of the driver, leave this value blank.
- OAuthCallbackURL: If you want to use an app you registered with Exact Online, set this value to the Redirect URI in your app settings. To use the embedded credentials of the driver, leave this value blank.
- Region: Set this to the region of the Exact Online service you want to connect to.
- InitiateOAuth: Set this to GETANDREFRESH. You can use InitiateOAuth to avoid repeating the OAuth exchange and manually setting the access token in the connection string.
When you connect the driver opens the OAuth endpoint in your default browser. Log in and grant permissions to the application. The driver then completes the OAuth process:
- Extracts the access token from the callback URL and authenticates requests.
- Refreshes the access token when it expires.
- Saves OAuth values in OAuthSettingsLocation to be persisted across connections.
Sisense uses connection strings to connect to Exact and import data into the ElastiCube Manager. Each connection string contains a authentication parameters that the data source uses to verify your identity and what information you can export to Sisense. To learn more, see Connection String Parameters.
To add Exact data:
- In ElastiCube Manager, click Add Data and then, Exact. The Connect to Exact window is displayed.
- In Datasource Connection String, enter your connection string.
- Click Connect to Server. Exact is displayed in the Select Database list.
- Click OK. Sisense connects to Exact and displays a list of tables available for you to import.
- Select the relevant tables and click Add. The tables are displayed in the ElastiCube Manager.
Exact’s RESTful APIs expose the following Exact tables that you can import into the ElastiCube Manager through the Sisense Exact connector:
Hey! Was this article helpful?
Questions? Ask the community.