- 14 Jun 2022
- 1 Minute to read
Activating a Sisense AMI from the AWS Marketplace
- Updated on 14 Jun 2022
- 1 Minute to read
Sisense provides a BYOL (Bring Your Own License) AMI (Amazon Machine Image) on the Amazon AWS Marketplace. You can use your image to run your Sisense instances on AWS. Before you create an instance, make sure you have your Sisense account user name and password available to initialize the instance.
The payment to AWS covers the price of the machine on AWS, using an existing Sisense license. Your Sisense license payment is part of the existing Sisense account billing, and isn't charged to your AWS account.
To initialize your Sisense instance:
- Instantiate the Sisense AMI from the AWS Marketplace to create your Sisense server.
- Connect to your Sisense server using Remote Desktop. The Sisense Activation screen is displayed.
- Sign in using your Sisense credentials: the email address and password you provided when acquiring your Sisense license.
If you're connecting using SSH, you'll need to connect with your .pem file. To connect with a .pem file using Linux or any SSH utility, you can just use the .pem file as-is. If you're using PuTTY, make sure to convert the .pem file in PuTTY.
- Click Sign In to continue. Your account information will be verified, and your server automatically initialized. After completing the initialization, your browser will automatically be launched, displaying the Sisense login window (http://localhost/app/account#/login).
- Enter the same user name and password you provided to activate the server, and click Login to login to the Sisense server. You Sisense server is now active and available for your use. The Sisense Web UI is available, and displays the Analytics landing page.
- In case you activate the Sisense server, and log in to it, but the Sisense Web UI doesn't display, restart your Sisense server. As you have already activated the Sisense instance, your Sisense application is ready. Click Start to launch the application, and display the login screen.
Provide your Sisense user and password to begin working with the application.