Sisense enables quick and easy access to databases, tables and views contained within Amazon Redshift databases.
You can import your Redshift data into a Sisense ElastiCube or Live models, using Live Connect.
To add data from Amazon Redshift:
- In the Data page, either:
- Open an ElastiCube or create a new data model
- Open a Live model, or create a new live model
- In the data model, click ; the Add Data dialog box is displayed.
Click Amazon Redshift to open the Amazon Redshift settings.
Enter the following details:
- Location: Enter the Amazon Redshift cluster endpoint. This server address should include the endpoint, port, and database. By default, the port is 5439, for example: [Endpoint]:5439[Database]. To connect to a database running on your own computer, enter localhost .
- User Name and Password: Enter your Redshift account credentials
- Default Database: Enter the name of the default database you will use for authentication.
- (Optional) Select Encrypt Connection to configure the driver to encrypt all communication with Redshift before sending it over the network, and then select Trust Server Certificate.
- (Optional) In Additional Parameters, enter additional configuration options by appending key-value pairs to the connection string (e.g., port=5433;). For a full list of connection string options, click here .
- Click .
- For Linux, under the Select Data tab, on the left side is a list of schemas located in your data source. Select the relevant schema. You can find the schema easily by filtering for it using the Search field at the top of the list.
All tables and views associated with the database appear in a new window.
- From the Tables list, select the relevant table or view you want to work with. You can click next to the relevant table or view to see a preview of the data inside it. When you select the table or view, two new options are displayed at the bottom of the list, Import Relationships and Add Custom Import SQL.
- (Optional) By default, existing relationships between tables are automatically replicated in the ElastiCube or live model. You can disable this by toggling the Import Relationships switch.
- After you have selected all the relevant tables, click Done. The tables are added to your schema in Sisense.
If you encounter problems connecting to Amazon RedShift, see this article in the support forum.