To manage users, click the Admin tab and from the menu, click Users.
The Users table lists all the users who have access to your system:
- Username: The user's Sisense username
- Email: The user's email address
- Name: The user's name
- Groups: The groups (if any) that the user belongs to. By default, the System Administrator belongs to the Admins group
- Role: The user role assigned to the user
- Origin: The origin of the user, typically your company name and how the user accesses Sisense, for example AD, SSO, or SAML
- Last Active: The date and time the user was last active in your system
Activity includes opening any of the Sisense tabs, viewing dashboards, working with widgets, or exporting reports. This field is blank if the user has never been active in Sisense.
- Days Since Last Active: The number of days that have passed since the user was last active
This field is blank if the user has never been active in Sisense.
Adding a New User
You can add users using the following methods:
- Individually or in bulk
- From your Active Directory database
For more information about configuring Active Directory for Sisense , see
To add an individual user:
Enter the user’s email address, first name, and last name.
Sisense supports email addresses without a top-level domain, if that is the standard in your company.
(Optional) The Language for your account is the language set by an Administrator for your group or server. From the Language list, you can override those settings and select the language you prefer to be displayed in the Sisense .
Select the Role of the user:
- Admin: Admins can access the Sisense Admin page to manage ElastiCubes, users, user groups and more. Sisense supports multiple Admin users.
- Data Admin: Data Admins can manage all data sources in the system. They have access to the Sisense Admin page to manage ElastiCube s and Live connections. Data Admins can also add and manage servers. This is useful for migrating Sisense across environments. Data Admins don't have access to User Management and System Configuration.
- Data Designer: Data Designers can create and edit ElastiCube s they created or were shared with them. Data Designers can access the Sisense Admin page to manage the ElastiCube s and Live Connections they have access to in the Data Sources section. Data Designers can see servers, but can't add new servers. Data Designers don't have access to User Management and System Configuration.
- Designer: Designers can create, design, edit and share Dashboards. Sisense Designers determine whether the user with whom they share a Dashboard has editing rights (is a Designer) or only viewing rights (Viewer).
- Viewer: Viewers can view, explore, drill down, make selections and filter the Dashboards that Designers share with them. Viewers only need a standard web browser (no add-ons or downloads required). They can't create new Dashboards or edit existing ones.
(Optional) Set the Define Password option to ON and enter a password.
You must personally notify the user of the password that you set for them, which they can change at any time.Note:
You can configure any password policy (length, required characters, etc.) to match the password policy of your company. For instructions, see Managing the Password Policy.
Click Save. Sisense sends the new user an email that instructs them to activate their account and set a password.
Adding Multiple Users
If you have set up Sisense to connect with Active Directory, you can add multiple new users.
To add multiple users:
- Click .
- Click Import Many.
- In the text box, enter a comma separated list of emails and click Next.
- Assign user rights to the users that you entered and verify that the user count and permissions match your license.
- Click Add. Sisense sends an activation email to every user you just added.
Editing an Existing User
To edit an existing user:
- Click Admin and select the Users tab on the left.
- Click on the right of the user’s entry in the list.
- Make the required changes, including:
- Change the user name, email, and language
- Change the user's password
- Add the user to or remove the user from a Group
- Click Save.
Deleting a User
When you delete a user, their dashboards will also be deleted.
To delete a user:
- Click Admin in the upper right corner and select the Users tab on the left.
- Click at the right of the user’s entry in the list.
- In the confirmation screen, click Delete.