If you are a Sisense Designer, you can define both dashboard filters and widget filters, as follows:
- Dashboard Filters: This type of filter affects all the widgets in the dashboard (except the widgets that you configured as independent). Designers can create dashboard filters and Viewers can view and interact with them.
- Widget Filters: A Designer can define which subset of data values is displayed in a widget. Viewers do not see these filters and cannot change them.
Note: Dashboard editing rights are assigned by designers with dashboard editing rights. If you have dashboard editing rights, then the following buttons appear in the top-right corner of the dashboard:
The following sections include procedures for:
- Creating Dashboard Filters
- Editing and Deleting a Dashboard Filter
- Creating Widget Filters
- Creating Dependent Filters
- Configuring how Filters Affect the Dashboard and Widgets
- Limiting Filters to Specific Values with Background Filters
- Locking Filters
- Restoring Filters
- Switching Filters On and Off
- Saving your Default Filters View
Hey! Was this article helpful?
Questions? Ask the community.