This section describes how to change the connectivity settings for an existing data source. You can update the source of the data, on both the database and table levels. For example, a database or data file may have been moved to a new location, or updated, and the ElastiCube needs to be updated accordingly.
- In the top menu, Click ElastiCube, and under Build Settings, select Change Connectivity Settings…
A list of all existing data sources and associated data tables appear.
- Hover over the data source to reveal the following options:
- Change Source Provider: Click to select a data source connection type, for example, change MS SQL to an Oracle database. When done, click Close.
- Change Source Database: Click to edit the login details to the database as well as connections to associated tables.
- Hover over the data table to reveal the following options:
- Change Source Provider: Click to change the data source connection type, for example, from MS SQL to an Oracle database.
- Change Source Table: Click to change the source tables using the current connection settings.
- Refresh: Refresh the tables’ fields based on current settings.
Note: The data source name, fields and field types must remain the same for existing widgets in the dashboard to be able to reference the data correctly.
- To remove a data source, you must first delete all related tables from the ElastiCube schema. After deleting all tables, the data source will no longer appear.
Hey! Was this article helpful?
Questions? Ask the community.