The ElastiCube Manager enables easy and quick access to tables contained within Microsoft Access files. The steps below describe how to connect to this type of data source.
- Click Add data in the top menu of the ElastiCube Manager.
- Under the Filescategory, select Microsoft Access File.
- In the window that opens, locate and select the Microsoft Access file you want to use. Click OK.
- A popup will open with the following options.
All tables and views associated with the database will appear in a new window. To preview the data contained in a particular table, highlight the table or view in the list and click the preview pane below. To preview the table, select the Preview checkbox.
- Select the checkboxes next to each table or view you want to use.
Existing relationships between tables can be automatically replicated in the ElastiCube by selecting the Automatically create relationships from database checkbox. Likewise fields with similar names can be linked by selecting the Automatically create relationships for fields with the same name checkbox.
- Once all relevant tables are selected, click OK.
Note: Sisense does not support Access files that were created with the 32-bit version of Access. If you try to upload an Access file created in a 32-bit version of Access, the following connection error is displayed.
Hey! Was this article helpful?
Questions? Ask the community.