The ElastiCube Manager enables easy and quick access to databases, tables and views contained within PostgreSQL databases. The steps below describe how to connect to this type of data source.
- Click Add Datain the top menu of the ElastiCube Manager.
- Under the Database servers category, select PostgreSQL.
- You will be prompted to enter the following information:
- Database server location: Enter the computer/server IP address where the database is located. To connect to a database on running on your own computer enter localhost.
- Login details: Either use your Windows login details if they are configured with the database, or alternatively enter the username and password to connect to the database.
- Click Connect to Server.
- A list of available databases will appear in the drop-down list below.
- Select the relevant database you want to work with and click OK.
- All tables and views associated with the database will appear in a new window.
To view a preview of data contained in a particular table, highlight the table or view in the list and click the preview pane below. To preview the table, select the Preview checkbox.
- Select the checkboxes next to each table or view you want to use.
Existing relationships between tables can be automatically replicated in the ElastiCube by selecting the Automatically create relationships from database checkbox. Likewise fields with similar names can be linked by selecting Automatically create relationships for fields with the same name.
- If you want to customize the data before importing it into the ElastiCube, you can run a custom SQL query to manipulate the data. This can be useful, for example, when you want to import only a portion of the data, rather than all of the data. Click here to learn more.
- Once all relevant tables are selected, click Add.
Hey! Was this article helpful?
Questions? Ask the community.