- 30 Jan 2023
- 4 Minutes to read
L2022.11 Release Notes
- Updated on 30 Jan 2023
- 4 Minutes to read
For a list of release dates and Sisense's end of support schedule, see Sisense Life Cycle.
You can download the latest Sisense version from here. If you need to upgrade to an older version, see that version’s Release Notes and contact your Sisense Customer Success Manager for the version package.
- If you need to upgrade to an older version, see that version’s Release Notes and contact your Sisense Customer Success Manager for the version package.
- To upgrade to this version of Sisense, follow the upgrade procedure in Upgrading in a Linux Environment. IMPORTANT: Sisense recommends running a system backup before upgrading. See Backing up and Restoring Sisense.
- Analytical Engine: In the event that widgets contain filters with field names that do not match the names in the database, they will load with an error about a dimension that is not found. In this case, delete the relevant filter, and recreate it using the correct field name specified in the data model.
- The Google Adwords native connector is no longer supported because it uses Google APIs that Google deprecated. New installations from 2022.5 and up will no longer contain the Google Adwords native connector. Customers with older versions of Sisense, or who upgrade to 2022.5 or higher can use this workaround: Using Google Ads connector for EC models with CDATA Driver.
- All API tokens created before L2021.9 must be rotated.
- L2021.12: Server side add-ons break following L2021.12 installation.
- The Databricks JDBC driver was updated to version 2.6.29. After upgrading the driver, the connection string requires an update from:
jdbc:spark://<Server Hostname>:443;HttpPath=<Http Path>;TransportMode=http;SSL=1[;property=value[;property=value]]
jdbc:databricks://<Server Hostname>:443;HttpPath=<Http Path>[;property=value[;property=value]]
After installing or upgrading to this version, if the connection string in the system is not the required new one, change it to the new one manually.
Release L2022.11 provides a number of new features and significant improvements to Sisense for Linux.
This release contains several new features. The following table lists the high-level impact (or potential impact, if any) of each of these features, and how to handle it if upgrading to this version. Continue reading the Release Notes below the table for a detailed explanation of each feature.
|Feature||Issues and Actions to Consider|
|Admin UX||Locations of the configuration settings have changed. It is highly recommended to use the Search functionality to find the settings you are looking for.|
The entire UX for administration has been replaced with a newer, more powerful, more intuitive, and more user-friendly UX.
Clicking the Admin tab now displays the following window:
The easiest, and suggested, way to find a specific Admin page is via the search. There is a search box on the Admin landing page, as well as at the top of the navigation pane on the left of every Admin page. The search provides autofill suggestions, and searching for a section within a page will open the page and automatically scroll to the section that you searched for.
In addition, the following functionalities have been moved from the Admin section to the Data section:
- Managing hierarchies can now only be done through the Data section, under the data model's menu. The UI has been updated to indicate the new location.
- The Data Models page has been removed, and all of its functionality can now be found in the Data section’s available actions. Therefore, the link to the Data Sources page has been removed from the dashboard Data Sources menu.
For more information, see Administration.
Parameter values can now be set to the Boolean or integer data types. The preferred Field Type option can be selected in the Add Parameter dialog of the User Parameters wizard.
For more information about the use of User Parameters for Live data models, see Managing Live Dynamic Connections.
Data Security Rules
Sisense now supports up to 3500 values in the result set of a specific dimension (column and table). See Data Access Security. This is only supported by the Analytical Engine, for both ElastiCube and Live.
With the update of the internal library, Formula Editor now also highlights matching pairs of square brackets, (in addition to highlighting pairs of regular brackets).
Dashboards and Widgets
- Case insensitive text filters based on the Snowflake data models are now working as expected.
- Data is now displayed in the tooltips of the Scatter Maps widgets when latitude and longitude are used.
- Dashboards with widgets that are configured with the Quest plugin now work as expected when using Web Access Tokens.
- This release contains several security related updates, including bug and vulnerability fixes. We highly recommend upgrading to this latest release to take advantage of any security-related updates and benefit from the Sisense support and warranty.
Dashboards and Widgets
REST API deprecations and updated APIs
Several REST APIs endpoints for exporting Dashboards and Widgets as PDF and PNG have been deprecated and replaced with updated APIs. It is no longer possible to use the deprecated endpoints in any way.
|New REST API||Deprecated REST API|
If you are using any of these deprecated endpoints in your integrations, make sure to switch to the new ones prior to upgrading to L2022.11, or any version after that.
For “Report Manager” add-on users - Some reports may remain in the "Pending" state and never finish exporting. This is expected to be fixed in the L2023.1 version. Until then, the following is recommended as an interim solution:
- Reduce the number of simultaneous reports from 20 to 5.
- Schedule reports with 10-20 minute intervals (not at the same time).
Watch this video for an overview of selected features from this release: