- 27 Mar 2022
- 4 Minutes to read
L2021.11 Release Notes
- Updated on 27 Mar 2022
- 4 Minutes to read
For a list of release dates and Sisense's end of support schedule, see Sisense Life Cycle.
You can download the latest Sisense version from here.
If you need to upgrade to an older version, see that version’s Release Notes and contact your Sisense Customer Success Manager for the version package.
Sisense recommends running a system backup before upgrading. See Backing up and Restoring Sisense.
Release L2021.11 provides a number of new features and significant improvements to Sisense for Linux. For example:
- Copying Theme Identifier
- Defining a Time Period for Support User Access
- Extended Retention of Usage Analytics
- Testing Email Server Configuration
- Web Access Token - Monitoring Usage Statistics
- Installing Sisense Using Provisioner and Helm
Copying Theme Identifier
You can apply a theme by copying the theme ID and adding it to the code to make modifications to the visuals on your server. For example, you can apply a theme to specific groups, or when embedding Sisense components in web pages, you can use the theme to make visual changes to pages.
In Admin > Look and Feel, select a theme, click the action buttons and select Copy Theme Identifier. See Customizing the User Interface.
Defining a Time Period for Support User Access
- For Cloud Managed Services customers only!
- This feature has been improved to add the possibility of selecting a time period for granting access to Sisense Support agents to access your Sisense application to help and troubleshoot issues as long as the feature is turned on.
- Go to Admin > General Settings > Support User Access to select the time period. See Configuring General System Settings.
Extended Retention of Usage Analytics
- You can now set the number of days for retaining usage analytics through the Sisense UI.
- The current size on the disk of the Usage Analytics Elasticube has been added to help you plan the number of days required.
Increasing the number of days to more than 30 may affect system performance and use up more disk space, particularly during building the cube.
- Go to Admin > Usage Analytics to set the required number of days. See Activating Usage Analytics.
Testing Email Server Configuration
An administrative user may now test the email configuration to ensure it is set up correctly.
In Admin> Email Settings, click Test, enter an email address and click Send. See Configuring Email Settings
Web Access Token - Monitoring Usage Statistics
This Web Access Token functionality enables you to monitor each successfully established WAT-based session. Specifically, when a user clicks the Web Access Token link and a token “session” is created, or a Web Access Token-based asset, embedded into the third party's website, loads.
In Admin > Web Access Tokens, select a token configuration and select View Usage Statistics. See Using Web Access Token.
Installing Sisense Using Provisioner and Helm
- Provisioner provides a simplified, elegant and efficient solution for installing, upgrading and/or maintaining Sisense on an existing Kubernetes cluster, deploying Sisense by using a single Helm Chart, the simplest way of getting started with Sisense on Kubernetes. See Installing Sisense Using Provisioner and Helm.
- To install:
- Verify the necessary prerequisites, run preparation commands to install HELM 3 and install Sisense using Provisioner on the existing Kubernetes.
Embedding and Security
- As of version L2021.5 and later, Whitelist Embedded Domain List affects the ancestor-frames directive of the Content Security Policies, even when the CSP feature is disabled. See Optional Security Hardening for Web Pages.
- If you embed Sisense, re-check that Whitelist includes all relevant embedding domains before upgrading. See Session Management and Security Settings.
Simply Ask NLQ
- Indexing in NLQ has been improved so that there are significantly reduced implications on performance, memory and storage consumption when enabling Indexing. Indexing is a feature in Simply Ask that, when enabled on a field, allows users to ask directly about the specific values of that field, for example, “show me sales for iphone 11".
- Documentation: Backing up and Restoring SisenseThe Backup and Scheduled Backup command tables are updated.
- Live Models (Snowflake Redshift): The weekly values reported by the “Current Period" trend line were erroneously shifting by one week.
Dashboards and Widgets
- Area map and Scatter map widgets are supported in Web Access Token environments.
- Users can now mix widgets from different models (Live + EC) and use dashboard filters. Widgets will ignore unrelated filters and return the correct result.
- Custom Code for Notebooks has been enabled by default (as of version 2021.9 and later).
Data Sources and Connectors
- Fixed compatibility issue with SisenseJS.v1 and Blox.
- For live models (powered by the new analytical engine) user can now:Use the quotient function (new for live models).
- Select rsum quick functions.
- Select ravg quick function.
- The left pane is repaired to display for Iframe embedding on Ipad Layout in accordance with the embedding configuration.
- Export to CSV - Rows exported to CSV from a Live widget based on Snowflake are no longer limited to 50000 rows.