- 27 Mar 2022
- 4 Minutes to read
L2021.9 Release Notes
- Updated on 27 Mar 2022
- 4 Minutes to read
For a list of release dates and Sisense's end of support schedule, see Sisense Life Cycle.
Sisense recommends running a system backup before upgrading. See Backing up and Restoring Sisense.
Release L2021.9 provides a number of new features and significant improvements to Sisense for Linux. For example, new options for sharing to groups, support for CentOS 8 Stream, new backup options for Sisense assets, additional white labeling controls, setting the fiscal year at the model level, working with data bars and colors in pivot tables, and more.
Limit Users Sharing to Their Own Groups
- To allow users to share and republish only to other users in the same group.
- Enable the setting in Admin > General Settings, see Configuring General System Settings.
- In multi-tenancy environments, this setting prevents data being shared and republished across tenants. It also prevents data being shared between different departments within an organization.
Sharing Dashboards with New Users
- To enable customers to control who is using their Sisense license by preventing users from sharing a dashboard with users not in the Sisense user table.
- When the New Users Can be Invited via Dashboard Sharing setting is enabled, users can share dashboards with other users outside of the predefined users list. Enable the setting in Admin > General Settings, see Configuring General System Settings.
- For new installations, the setting is disabled by default. For upgrades, the setting is enabled.
Support for CentOS Stream 8
Sisense has certified support for the CentOS Stream 8 OS.
This new OS replaces CentOS 8 that has an accelerated end-of-life date of December 31, 2021.
Sisense recommends that customers migrate to another supported OS version, see Linux Minimum Requirements.
Exclude paths on schedule backup process
To manually exclude paths that are included in the default backup command.
Run the command: si system backup and the sub-command:
-exclude-paths true -paths-to-exclude
Powered by Sisense Label
- A "Powered by Sisense" label displays on all dashboards and widgets so customers know the data is being generated by the industry's leading business analytics platform.
- If your license enables you to control the display of the label, you can enable or disable this feature, see White Labeling Sisense.
- To hide or display of the label, the Enable White Labeling setting must be enabled.
- The setting in the license to allow controlling the display of the label is only relevant for new licenses, and existing customer licenses cannot enable this option.
Disable Colorization of Logs in JS
- Customers reported issues with log processing tools that encounter problems parsing log files due to coloring control characters, see Audit Logs.
- You can disable colorization of logs by running the CLI command:kubectl -n sisense set env deployment/management DISABLE_COLORS_LOG=true
kubectl -n sisense set env deployment/management DISABLE_COLORS_LOG=true
Support for Emails Without a Top-level Domain
Administrators can create users with emails that do not have a top level domain, See Managing Dashboard Users.
For instance, a user with the email user@test can log in to Sisense, since it is an RFC 5322 compliant email.
This new support applies to users created manually or automatically via an SSO.
ElastiCube to Datasource Time Zone Alignment
You can set the ElastiCube to no longer be time shifted by the Linux OS time zone.
The timestamp in the Elasticube will be equivalent to the data source it is connected to.
New L2021.9 installations have this time zone setting enabled by default. If you have upgraded to this version from a previous one, see the note in Changing Connectivity Settings for Data Sources for instructions to enable this option.
Setting Fiscal Year at the Model Level
- Fiscal year functionality now included in the data tab.
- You can set the fiscal year from the Elasticube model menu, see Fiscal Years.
- The fiscal year can be defined at the system level by the Sys Admins and/or at the ElastiCube and/or at model level by Data Admins. You can support one fiscal calendar month for the system while a specific ElastiCube can be set according to another, and an ElastiCube model by yet another.
Identifying Unsupported Fields
- A table can contain fields that can be classified as unsupported. An unsupported field is identified as a dropped column and is unavailable to use in the table, see Finding Tables and Columns.
- If these fields are required, import the table using an import query that casts the unsupported data to a supported type.
Pivot Table Data Bars and Coloring
- To help make data easier to read, data bars and background color options are available in the Pivot table, see Pivot.
- Enable the data bars by selecting Data Bars from the Values menu.
- Background colors can be set to a single color, assign a range of colors, or use a logical expression in a conditional setting.
- See Selecting Colors in Widgets to work with data bar colors and background colors.
Recommended Minimum Requirement Updates
In the Minimum Requirements Recommended Deployment Sizes table, the Disk 1 and Disk 2 size requirements have been updated to account for new features. Disk 1 should have at least 350GB for the root volume, and Disk 2 should have at least 400GB. The size requirements were updated to support the new features in this release.
Dashboards and Widgets
Appearance and output improvements for the embedded images feature in Pivot tables, see Pivot.
Improved system security for Sisense deployments using Docker.