Working with ElastiCubes and Live Models
From the Sisense Data page, you can manage your ElastiCubes and view their current states.
The Data page contains a list of the ElastiCubes and Live models you have created or that have been shared with you.
Recently worked on ElastiCubes or Live models are displayed (by default), or select from options in the upper-right to show all models, models created by you, or models shared with you.
Alternatively, you can locate ElastiCubes using the Search field on the upper-left.
Each tile contains information about the status of the ElastiCube and Live model, its owner and who it is shared with.
Open ElastiCubes by clicking a tile, or manage ElastiCubes by clicking located on a tile's upper-right, and selecting one of the following options:
- Stop: Stop the ElastiCube. ElastiCube s that have been stopped cannot be queried. This is useful for troubleshooting ElastiCubes and issues with your dashboard.
- Restart: Restart an ElastiCube that you have stopped.
- Cancel all Queries: Cancel all current queries to the ElastiCube.
- Fiscal Year start: If you need to express your company’s date fields according to a fiscal month other than from January 1st (default setting), Sisense allows setting your fiscal calendar according to your company’s requirements. See Changing Your Fiscal Year for more information.
- Dependencies: See the entities that are using the ElastiCube or Live model. Entities include data security rules, drill hierarchies, dashboards, widgets (from other dashboards), and Pulse alerts.
- Create Dashboard: Create a Dashboard using the ElastiCube or Live model. See Creating Dashboards for more information.
- Schedule Build: Schedule builds to automatically synchronize with the underlying data source to ensure all data is up to date. See Scheduling Builds for more information.
- Export: Export a model or draft version and/or model data. See Exporting and Importing Models for more information.
- Duplicate Model: Create a copy of a Live or ElastiCube model. See Duplicating Data Models for more information.
- Delete: Delete an ElastiCube or Live model. If the ElastiCube or Live model does not have any entities dependent (dependencies) on it, then you will be asked to confirm that you want to delete the ElastiCube. Otherwise, you will be prompted to remap your dependencies to another data source. See Deleting ElastiCubes and Live Models for more information.
- Go to Admin: Open the Data Source tab in the Admin page where you can manage your ElastiCube or Live model.
You can also show the data models in a list view.
To switch to List view, click the Switch to list view icon () on the upper right side. To return to tile view, click the Switch to tile view icon () on the upper right side.
List view allows data administrators to operate from the Data page, with the following benefits:
- This provides enhanced sorting and search. Click the Sort & Filter icon () at the top of any column to sortthe list by the ascending or descending values of that column, or filter the list by the selected values of that column.
- Quick filters and column filters are linked - changing one affects the other.
- Hover over the data model for more information.