Sisense BloX 2.0 includes major infrastructure changes. These changes will affect how your Sienese BloX widgets from earlier versions are displayed.
Sisense encourages you to upgrade to the latest version of Sisense BloX as this version provides more flexibility, allowing you to customize every element in your widgets.
The following are a list of breaking changes that you can expect when upgrading to the latest version of Sisense BloX:
- Styling and layout changes. You should verify that the styling of your Sisense BloX widgets works as expected
- The value of <style> is no longer a string and should now include CSS
- Values of attributes are now case-sensitive
- Conditional formatting includes a max value
- JumpToDashboard and lightboxes are not supported with SisenseJS
If you have an earlier version of Sisense BloX or want to install an earlier version, you can find the documentation Sisense BloX 1.1.
Sisense’s BloX lets you create dynamic, rich widgets that can turn your dashboard into an interactive business app. BloX are JSON objects rendered as HTML inside widgets on your dashboard. The idea behind Sisense BloX is to allow you to create dynamic and interactive content in your widgets, thus allowing you to gather insights and take immediate action from within your widget or dashboard. For example, you can create widgets that visualize an important KPI, while also displaying buttons that allow you to push a webhook to take an action you define.
Sisense BloX offers much more than just a customizable design. With Sisense BloX, you can:
- Add images to your widget
- Embed iFrames
- Add custom scripts
- Organize your content in containers and columns
- Add multiple types of actions
- Collect input from your users
Who Should Try This
Sisense BloX are JSON objects that render HTML and CSS. Therefore, to create your own interactive BloX, you should have a basic understanding of how JSON works, and have knowledge of HTML and CSS.
The following pages will show you how you can create interactive dashboards with Sisense BloX:
- Sisense BloX Tutorials
- Installing Sisense BloX
- BloX Design Panel
- Creating Interactive Dashboards
- Customizing Your BloX Widget's Look and Feel
- Embedding BloX Widgets
- Sisense BloX Reference
- Sisense BloX requires Sisense V7.2 or later
- If you have users using Internet Explorer or if you need to export Sisense BloX to PDF, use JS ES5 rather than ES6 in your custom actions as well as IE-compliant CSS syntax
- BloX responsiveness is limited, meaning the sizes will be adjusted with background image size or the original widget size, but have some compatibility limitation due to the Sisense overall grid. You should test your BloX widgets in different screen sizes
- Images from an external source may not load properly in the Excel or PDF reports. See Adding Images for information on how to load images locally.
- BloX are not compatible with Amazon's Echo. This will be available in a future release
- If you use the Custom-Style Plugin, this will overwrite the conditional color of BloX
- Items and values are limited to 20 panels each
- List view ( Carousel: false) is limited to 100 first items
- Sisense BloX v1.1 does not support any native Sisense visualization
- Once BloX is installed, refresh plugin list on the Admin page to see it displayed
- Base64 as an image will cause the widget to load slowly
Sisense BloX is not yet certified for Sisense Mobile. For optimal viewing, Sisense suggests you design widgets for desktop or widgets for mobile devices according to the guidelines below:
- Choose images that can fit mobile screens or keep the background as a color
- Keep all text below 10 font size
- Make a clear Call-to-action to be displayed on the center
- Limit your items into 1 column and no more than 5 different text/data elements
- Limit all icons to Small
- Social feed template is not supported
Click here for Terms and Conditions.