With a multi-node deployment, you can increase the reliability of your configuration further by adding additional query and build nodes, and an application node.
To simplify the process of setting up a Multi-Node environment, Sisense provide a Multi-Node Deployment Wizard that automates most of the setup process for you.
Note: If you are expanding a single-node deployment to a multi-node deployment, see Expanding Single-Node Deployments to Multi-Node Deployments.
- Windows 8, 10, and Windows Server 2012, 2016
- Local System Admin account where the wizard is to be installed and deployed
To install the Multi-Node Deployment Wizard:
- Download the Sisense High Availability Multi-Node Deployment Wizard to your build node. When saving the file, make sure there are no spaces in the file name. This can happen if you download the file to the same directory multiple times, for example, MultiServerDeploymentWizard.zip(1).
- Extract the contents of the zip file.
- Download the Cygwin script and Sisense-install-ansible.bsh and save the files to the directory ...MultiServerDeploymentWizard/resources/ located in the directory where you extracted the contents of the Multi-Node Deployment Wizard zip file.
- Run install-cygwin.ps1 with Powershell. This process can take between 20-30 minutes.
During the process, Cygwin is downloaded and installed. Once the installation is complete, you are prompted to press any button to close the script.
The Multi-Node Deployment Wizard is installed.
- Model 1: 1 Application Node, 1 Query Node/Build Node
- Model 2: 1 Application Node, 1 Query Node, 1 Build Node
- Model 3: 2 Application/Query Nodes and 1 Build Node
- Model 4: 2 Application Nodes, 2 Query Nodes, and 1 Build Node