The System Configuration settings let you define the web server’s alias, the first day of the week, SSL security, and email settings.
To update one or more System Configuration settings:
- Click Admin in the top menu, and then Settings in the left menu.
- Update one or more of the following settings:
- Alias: Define the web server’s alias or IP address. This is especially important when you have configured your IIS with a domain name (alias), but when you share a dashboard, the IP address and/or the incorrect port is sent instead. Reports will be sent from the alias entered in this field.
- First Day of the Week: Select the first day of the week so all of your Sisense users’ queries will be calculated according to the day you define. By default, the first day of the week is Monday when querying an ElastiCube. Sisense defines Monday as the first day according to ISO 8601. This means that when selecting filters such as Week 1, Week 2, etc., the first day of the week is not that defined by first day of that year, but rather the first Monday of the year. Each week starts on a Monday and ends on a Sunday for 52-53 full weeks in a year.
Note: Changing the first day of week after using a dashboard or widget filter/drill with Weeks filter in use might lead to bad results. To resolve the issue, the Weeks filter should be removed and added again.
- First Month of Fiscal Calendar: Select the first month of your company’s fiscal calendar. By default, the first month of the fiscal calendar is January.
Note: Changing the first month of the fiscal calendar after using a dashboard or widget filter/drill with the related date fields is in use might lead to bad results. To resolve the issue the date filter should be removed and added again.
- Default Language: Select the language to be displayed in the Sisense Web Application. If you have defined a custom translation, the name of the language as defined in the settings.json is displayed in this list. Select it to display your custom translation. For more information about custom translations, click here.
- SSL: Enable SSL if you have configured your web environment with SSL security (https) and certificates. This will enable https in the URLs of shared dashboards. Click here to learn more about setting up SSL.
- Send Emails: You can disable sending emails. This will disable emails sent when sharing dashboards as well as any scheduled email reports.
- Widget Narrative: You can add narrated text to your dashboard’s widgets. For more information about this feature, see Sisense Narratives.
- Field Suggestions: You can toggle on field suggestions. Field suggestions are displayed to Dashboard Designers to help them add the relevant fields to widgets quickly and easily. For more information, see Field Suggestions.
- Click Save to update your system settings.