The System Configuration settings let you define the web server’s alias, the first day of the week, email settings, and more.
To update one or more System Configuration settings:
- Click Admin in the top menu, and then Settings on the left.
- Update one or more of the following settings:
- Alias: Define the web server’s alias or IP address. This is especially important when you have customized your domain name (alias), for example, to prevent example, sharing dashboards from the incorrect IP address. Reports will be sent from the alias entered in this field.
- First Day of the Week: Select the first day of the week so all of your Sisense users’ queries will be calculated according to the day you define. By default, the first day of the week is Monday when querying an ElastiCube. Sisense defines Monday as the first day according to ISO 8601. This means that when selecting filters such as Week 1, Week 2, etc., the first day of the week is not that defined by first day of that year, but rather the first Monday of the year. Each week starts on a Monday and ends on a Sunday for 52-53 full weeks in a year.
Note: Changing the first day of week after using a dashboard or widget filter/drill with Weeks filter in use might lead to bad results. To resolve the issue, the Weeks filter should be removed and added again.
- First Month of Fiscal Calendar: Select the first month of your company’s fiscal calendar. By default, the first month of the fiscal calendar is January.
Note: Changing the first month of the fiscal calendar after using a dashboard or widget filter/drill with the related date fields is in use might lead to bad results. To resolve the issue the date filter should be removed and added again.
- Default Language: Select the language to be displayed in Sisense. If you have defined a custom translation, the name of the language as defined in the settings.json is displayed in this list. Select it to display your custom translation. For more information about custom translations, click here.
- Send Emails: You can disable sending emails. This will disable emails sent when sharing dashboards as well as any scheduled email reports.
- Pulse: Toggle to remove the Pulse page from the top menu bar and the Pulse Notification Feed. This option hides the Pulse page from all users in your system and stops sending Pulse notifications.
- Dashboard Administration: Toggle to enable/disable the dashboard administration feature. Turn this feature off if you do not want Administrators to have access to all of the dashboards of every user in the system in the Analytics page. For more information, see Managing Your Users Dashboards.
- Widget Narrative: Toggle to allow your Designers to add narratives to widgets. For more information about this feature, see Sisense Narratives.
- Field Suggestions: You can toggle on field suggestions. Field suggestions are displayed to Dashboard Designers to help them add the relevant fields to widgets quickly and easily. For more information, see Field Suggestions.
Exploration Paths: Toggle to enable Viewers to receive exploration widgets in the dashboard, see Leverage AI to Uncover Hidden Insights. End-User Scheduling: Toggle to allow the dashboard owners to enable dashboard recipients to manage their own subscription setting. For more information, see Sharing and Distributing Dashboards.
- Live Queries: When working with live models, toggle to allow your Data Designers to create, edit and delete custom live table queries directly on the Live data source. You can toggle this feature off at any moment to avoid overloading the data source. Turning the feature off does not remove the existing custom live table queries. For more information, see Creating Live Table Queries.
- Session Management: You can choose which method to use for handling the expiration of your users' sessions: Cookie or Session Inactivity. For more information, see Managing User Sessions.
- Embedded Domain White List: You can define which domains can embed your dashboards into iFrames on their site. This is useful for controlling where your dashboards can be embedded. In the Add Domain field, enter each domain where your dashboards can be embedded and click Add. If you do not add any domains, then your dashboards can be embedded into any site. After adding a domain, your dashboards can be embedded only in those domains.
- Number of failed login attempts before lockout: Enter the number of times a user can fail to log in before they are locked out of Sisense.
- Lockout duration (minutes): Enter the number of minutes that a user is locked out of Sisense.
- Click Save to update your system settings.