Managing Dashboard Users
Applicable to Sisense on Microsoft Windows
If you want to learn about how to manage your dashboard users in Linux, see Managing Dashboard Users.
Users are managed from the Admin page through the Users tab.
In the Users table, you can edit and delete users in your system. The table provides the following information about your users:
- Username: The user's username in Sisense.
- Email: The user's email address.
- Name: The name of the user.
- Groups: The groups, if any, that the user belongs to. By default, the System Administrator belongs to a group called Admins.
- Role: The user role assigned to the user.
- Origin: The origin of the user. This is typically your company's name.
- Last Active: The date of the last time the user was active. Activity includes opening any of the Sisense tabs (Data, Analytics, Pulse, and Admin), viewing dashboards, working with widgets, or exporting reports. This field is blank if the user has never been active in Sisense.
- Days Since Last Active: The number of days that have passed since the user last was active. This field is blank if the user has never been active in Sisense.
Adding a New User
You can add users using the following methods:
- Add new users by entering them one by one or in bulk
- Add new users from your Active Directory database. Integrating Active Directory to learn how to configure your Active Directory in Sisense
To add a new user:
- Click . If a connection with Active Directory also exists, an additional Import Many option is available. Click it to select a user from Active Directory.
- Fill in the user’s details in the window.
- (Optional) The Language for your account is the language set by an Administrator for your group or server. From the Language list, you can override those settings and select the language you prefer to be displayed in the Sisense.
- Select the Role of the user:
- Admin: Admins can access the Admin page of the Sisense from where they can manage ElastiCubes, users, user groups and more. Sisense supports multiple Admin users.
- Data Admin: Data Admins can manage all data sources in the system. They have access to the Admin page of the Sisense from where they can manage ElastiCubes and Live connections. Data Admins can also add and manage servers. This is useful for migrating Sisense across environments. Data Admins do not have access to User Management and System Configuration.
- Data Designers: Data Designers can create and edit ElastiCubes they created or were shared with them. Data Designers can access the Admin page of the Sisense from where they can manage the ElastiCubes and Live Connections they have access to in the Data Sources section. In addition, Data Designers can see servers, but can not add new servers. Data Designers do not have access to User Management and System Configuration.
- Designers: Designers can create, design, edit and share Dashboards. Sisense Designers determine whether the user with who they share a Dashboard has editing rights (is a Designer) or only viewing rights (Viewer).
- Viewers: Viewers can view, explore, drill down, make selections and filter the Dashboards that Designers share with them. Viewers only need a standard web browser; no add-ons or downloads. They cannot create new Dashboards or edit existing ones.
- Click Save. The user then receives an email from Sisense that redirects the user to activate their account and set a password.
To manually set a password for the new user:
- Set the Define Password option to ON and enter a password before saving.
In this case, the user receives an invitation email. You must personally notify the user of the password that you set for them. At any stage, the user can change the password you have set for them to a different password.
Note: You can configure any password policy (length, required characters, etc.) to match the password policy of your company. For instructions, see Managing the Password Policy.
Adding Multiple Users
To add multiple users:
- Click the Import Many option at the top right of the Add users window.
- In the displayed text box, paste a comma separated list of emails and click Next.
- The next screen enables you to assign User rights to the users that you entered and to verify that the user count and permissions match your license.
- After you click Add, each user receives an activation email.
Editing an Existing User
To edit an existing user:
- Click Admin and select the Users tab on the left.
- Click on the right of the user’s entry in the list.
Deleting a User
To delete an existing user:
- Click Admin in the upper right corner and select the Users tab on the left.
- Click at the right of the user’s entry in the list.