Managing Dashboard Users
This section describes how to add and manage Sisense users that can access Sisense dashboards.
You can add users using the following methods:
- Add new users by entering them one by one or in bulk
- Add new users from your Active Directory database. Click here to learn how to configure your Active Directory in Sisense
To access the user management settings:
- Click Admin and select the Users tab on the left. By default, the only available user after installing Sisense is the user that installed Sisense. By default, this user is an System Administrator.
Adding a New User
To add a new user:
- Click . If a connection with Active Directory also exists, an additional Import Many option is available. Click it to select a user from Active Directory.
- Fill in the user’s details in the window.
- (Optional) The Language for your account is the language set by an Administrator for your group or server. From the Language list, you can override those settings and select the language you prefer to be displayed in the Sisense Web Application.
- Select the Role of the user:
- Admin: Admins can access the Admin section of the Sisense Web Application from where they can manage ElastiCubes, users, user groups and more. Sisense supports multiple Admin users.
- Data Admin: Data Admins can manage all data sources in the system. They have access to the Admin section of the Sisense Web Application from where they can manage ElastiCubes and Live connections. Data Admins can also add and manage servers. This is useful for migrating Sisense across environments. Data Admins do not have access to User Management and System Configuration.
- Data Designers: Data Designers can create and edit ElastiCubes they created or were shared with them. Data Designers can access the Admin section of the Sisense Web Application from where they can manage the ElastiCubes and Live Connections they have access to in the Data Sources page. In addition, Data Designers can see servers, but can not add new servers. Data Designers do not have access to User Management and System Configuration.
- Designers: Designers can create, design, edit and share Dashboards. Sisense Designers determine whether the user with who they share a Dashboard has editing rights (is a Designer) or only viewing rights (Viewer).
- Viewers: Viewers can view, explore, drill down, make selections and filter the Dashboards that Designers share with them. Viewers only need a standard web browser; no plugins or downloads. They cannot create new Dashboards or edit existing ones.
- Click Save. The user then receives an email from Sisense that redirects the user to activate their account and set a password.
To manually set a password for the new user:
- Set the Define Password option to ON and enter a password before saving.
In this case, the user receives an invitation email. You must personally notify the user of the password that you set for them.
Adding Multiple Users
To add multiple users:
- Click the Import Many option at the top right of the Add users window.
- In the displayed text box, paste a comma separated list of emails and click Next.
- The next screen enables you to assign User rights to the users that you entered and to verify that the user count and permissions match your license.
- After you click Add, each user receives an activation email.
Editing an Existing User
To edit an existing user:
- Click Admin and select the Users tab on the left.
- Click on the right of the user’s entry in the list.
Deleting a User
To delete an existing user:
- Click Admin in the upper right corner and select the Users tab on the left.
- Click at the right of the user’s entry in the list.