The Pie chart is used to display proportional data, and/or percentages.
- In the Categories panel, click Add + to select the data that will be displayed in the Pie Chart. You can add only one field.
Typically, the categories of a Pie Chart contain descriptive data.
Note: All slices that are smaller or equal to 3% are grouped together into a slice called Other. You can hover over this slice to display its breakdown.
- In the Values area, select the field whose values determine the size of the pie slice by clicking Add +. Values are typically used to represent numeric data.
Note: You can add only one field.
Designing the Pie Chart
Fine-tune the appearance of the Pie Chart widget, using the following tools:
- PIE TYPE: Select how the pie appears.
- Legend: Specify whether to show or hide the Legend, and select its position.
- Labels: Select which labels to display on the pie chart, as indicated below:
Exploring Pie Charts
You can drill down into pie charts just like other widgets. In addition, when your pie chart has so many smaller slices that they are aggregated into a single slice called Other, you can click this slice to display a second pie chart containing a breakdown of the Other slice.
For example, the Pie chart below displays a breakdown of the top 5 slices in a pie chart with many smaller slices included in the Others slice.
By clicking the Others slice, you can see a breakdown of all the slices included in the Others slice.