Interacting with Filters as a Designer
If you are a Dashboard Designer, you can define both dashboard filters and widget filters, as follows:
- Dashboard Filters: This type of filter affects all the widgets in the dashboard (except the widgets that you configured as independent). Designers can create dashboard filters and Viewers can view and interact with them.
- Widget Filters: This type of filter affects only the specific widget it was applied to. A Designer can define which subset of data values is displayed in a widget. Viewers do not see these filters and cannot change them.
The following topics include procedures for:
- Creating Dashboard Filters
- Editing and Deleting a Dashboard Filter
- Creating Widget Filters
- Creating Dependent Filters
- Configuring how Filters Affect the Dashboard and Widgets
- Limiting Filters to Specific Values with Background Filters
- Locking Filters
- Restoring Filters
- Switching Filters On and Off
- Saving your Default Filters View