Creating and Editing a Formula
The Data Browser enables you to define formulas (freeform expressions) that define the values and filters of a widget.
A rich variety of functions are provided for you to use in the formula that you define.
To define a formula:
- Open the formula editor in the Data Browser:
- For a new widget, click Select Data, and then .
- For an existing widget, click on the edit formula button .
The Data Browser then changes to display the Formula Editor, which has two tabs: Data Browser and Functions.
- The Data Browser tab provides fields to choose from.
- The Functions tab lists the functions that you can include in your formula by selecting them. You can read a description of each function in a tooltip by hovering over it.
- From the Data Browser tab, select one or more fields.
- From the Functions tab, select the required functions.
To edit a formula:
You can easily edit formulas using the right-click options. They include:
- Rename: Rename the formula, for example, give a name that represents a real-life task or expected result from the formula, or include in the name filters that you have added to the formula.
- Filter: Add filters to the formula.
- Type: Change the default aggregation method, for example, from Sum to Average.
The following image shows the right-click options.
The following image shows right-click options for a filtered formula. Read more below.