Minimum Requirements and Supported Platforms
The following prerequisites and supported platforms are required for working with Sisense.
Supported Web Browsers
The Sisense Web Application runs in the following HTML5 supported browsers:
- Internet Explorer 11
- Google Chrome
- Safari version 7 and higher
Note: When embedding iFrames, Sisense supports Safari 10 and higher
The Sisense Web Application also works in mobile phone and tablet browsers that support HTML5. Click here to learn more about mobile compatibility.
Microsoft Edge is not currently supported.
Supported Operating Systems
ElastiCube Server and ElastiCube Manager can be installed on the following 64-bit operating systems:
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2008 R2 through Windows Server 2019
If you are installing Sisense in Windows Server 2019, see Disabling Windows Defender Real-Time Protection.
Note: While Sisense supports Windows 7, it is highly recommended that production environments use Windows Server 2008 R2 and later.
Capacity and Hardware Requirements
This section suggests system requirements for various performance capacities of the ElastiCube Server when connecting to data sources with live connections versus importing data into an ElastiCube. Actual capacity requirements are provided after consultation with a Sisense technical representative at [email protected]Sisense.com. Extreme scenarios may require additional resources.
Note the following:
- For Sisense Viewers, only an HTML5 compliant web browser is required.
- For cloud deployments, regardless if you are using AWS/Azure/Rackspace/etc., you must choose a machine that meets the recommended hardware configuration described in the table below.
When connecting to a Sisense Live data source, Sisense recommends 16GB memory with 8 cores. For use cases with 100s of users connecting to your live data source, contact your CSM for more information about Sisense's minimum requirements. You can create up to 400 live models.
When importing your data into an ElastiCube, the table below describes the minimum requirements for your production ElastiCube Server. The # of rows column refers to the total number of rows for all the ElastiCube that support your dashboards.
For trial users, 8GB typically allows you to test up to 1M rows when there are 10 or less users, but this is not intended for production environments.
* Users are defined as concurrent users of the system regardless of licenses.
The Sisense installation file is typically around 1.5GB in size. Once Sisense is installed, Sisense uses about 20GB of space. In general, when deciding how much disk space to reserve for Sisense, keep in mind the size of the amount of data to be imported into your ElastiCube models. You should keep additional space to support your ElastiCube models as these are duplicated during the build process. The duplicate is removed at the end of the process.
Note: Sisense should be installed on SSD drives.
If you need to store your ElastiCube models in another location other than the default C drive, see Change The Location Of The ElastiCube Data Folders.
Sisense recommends that your Sisense server meets or exceeds the minimum requirements listed above. The actual requirements of your Sisense server may vary depending on the number of concurrent users, builds running in parallel, ElastiCubes hosted on a server, and additional factors specific to your server, for example, non-Sisense applications running on the same server.
For optimal performance, Sisense recommends:
- No more than 40 ElastiCubes on a single Sisense server
- No more than 4 concurrent builds at a time
- No more than 150 concurrent users
For optimal performance, Sisense highly recommends that your servers have a processor that supports AVX (Advanced Vector Extensions), which is leveraged by Sisense for improved query performance and user concurrency.
The formats for dates, times and numbers in your dashboards are based on your computer’s operating system or browser’s locale settings (depending on your browser).
Locales from the following countries are supported:
- Unites States
- United Kingdom
- South Africa
- You can override the default locale settings for all users by updating a parameter via the Rest API. Click here to learn how to override default locale settings.
- To use a locale file that is not included in the above list of countries, you can manually add a locale file in the following location: C:\Program Files\Sisense\PrismWeb\client\resources\base\localization. Click here to access locale files and view their codes.