Installing Sisense Offline
The standard installation of Sisense requires internet access to download additional necessary components. To support machines behind firewalls, or without internet access, you need to download and install the full Sisense installation file. After you have installed Sisense, you need to provide an offline activation key.
The steps below describe how to install Sisense offline and activate it.
Before installing Sisense offline, make sure you have the following installed:
- Microsoft .NET 4.6.1 Framework
- IIS – Internet information Services (Microsoft’s Web server), see the following instructions per your operating system
Windows 7 or 8
Windows Server 2008
Windows Server 2012
Note: If you are installing Sisense in Windows Server 2019, see Disabling Windows Defender Real-Time Protection.
To install Sisense offline:
- Download the latest full version of Sisense.
- Open the installation file and click Run. The Welcome to Sisense window is displayed.
- In the Welcome to Sisense window, click Activate.
- In the Sisense Activation window, click Behind a Firewall. The product ID is displayed.
- Copy the product ID.
- On an online machine, open http://www.sisense.com/my-account/ and log in with your Sisense credentials.
- In the My Account page, from the left menu, select GET KEY.
- Paste your product ID from the Sisense installation into the field and click GET KEY. Your Off License key is displayed.
- Copy the key and paste it into the key area in the Sisense Activation window.
- Click Install. Sisense is activated and you can begin to install Sisense.