Performing a Silent Installation
This topic describes how to install Sisense silently.
You can install Sisense using the command-line interpreter, for example, when you need to run an installation on a remote machine.
You can also customize the installation using variables, for example, install Sisense without the sample dashboards.
To perform a silent installation:
- Download the latest sisense version.
- Open the command line interpreter and type in the installation commands as follows:
- Full installation (without previous user activation)
<Location of downloaded executable file>\SisenseLatestFull.exe -q -username="<>" -password="<>"
- Full installation (for user already activated by Sisense)
<Location of downloaded executable file>\SisenseLatestFull.exe -q
- Full offline installation (requires a license key from Sisense)
Note: To get an offline license, go to My Account and click GET KEY, or contact your Sisense Success Manager.
After attaining your key, copy and paste it after -offlinelicense= (replacing <offline_license_key> in the example below).
<Location of downloaded executable file>\SisenseLatestFull.exe -q -offlinelicense=<offline_license_key>
- Installation without Sample ElastiCubes and dashboards
<Location of downloaded executable file>\SisenseLatestFull.exe -nosamples -q
- Choosing Sisense Website name and port
<Location of downloaded executable file>\SisenseLatestFull.exe -q -webname=<website_name> -webport=<website_port>
Silent Customized Installations
There are two options available for customizing silent installations:
- bigdata: Add if you want to install the Long Index version of Sisense. Long Index determines how Sisense transforms your data when loading it in to an ElastiCube. Sisense builds your ElastiCube using pointers that represent your data. These pointers are used to find the actual values so no information is lost. To reduce memory consumption and improve performance, Sisense builds ElastiCubes with 32-bit pointers reducing the size of the pointers. You may experience “Out of memory” errors when working with big data such as: 300 million rows of numeric fields 2GB of string fields For example, let’s assume that your data contains strings with a length of 1024 characters and 4,194,304 unique rows such that 1024*4,194,304 > 4GB in content after indexing, you should install the Long Index version of Sisense. By installing the Long Index edition, Sisense will use 64-bit pointers. While this is fine for big data, you should use the default installation of Sisense when working data smaller than the figures mentioned above for faster performance. edition if your ElastiCubes are expected to contain a table with over 300 million rows.
It is not recommended to use this configuration setting for ElastiCubes in which the largest table does not include at least 300 million rows.
- webport: Add to customize what port Sisense runs on.
SisenseLatestFull.exe -q -bigdata -webport=80
After Sisense is installed, the only option to change the port is through the Port field in the Configuration Manager.
To uninstall Sisense using the command-line interpreter:
In the command-line interpreter, enter:
<Location of downloaded executable file>\SisenseLatestFull.exe /q /uninstall