Applicable to Sisense on Linux and Microsoft Windows
- "Designer" access level. Designers have editing rights.
- "Viewer" access level. Viewers have viewing/filtering rights.
Once a dashboard is shared, the icon appears next to the dashboard name in the Dashboards navigation panel:
You can hover over the dashboard in the Dashboards list to view ownership details.
When you share your dashboard, you can configure Sisense to send periodic email notifications containing the dashboard inside the email’s body to your dashboard’s recipients.
A dashboard recipient can edit the dashboard if you grant them permission, but the changes they make in the dashboard do not affect your copy of the dashboard. The recipient’s changes are automatically performed on a separate copy of the dashboard (to which only they have access). Dashboard recipients can revert to your latest shared copy at any time by right-clicking the dashboard’s name in the Dashboards list on the left of the Sisense environment and selecting Restore Dashboard.
When you share a dashboard that is contained within a folder, the dashboard is shared using the same structure (under the same folder).
When a Designer shares a dashboard with you, you become a recipient and all of the above applies to you.
To share a Dashboard:
- In the heading of your dashboard, click the Share button.
In the Dashboards list, select > Export for the dashboard you want to share.
- Enter the emails or groups of users with whom to share the dashboard. Selecting Everyone specifies that this dashboard is shared with all Sisense users and user groups.
The contact information of the people you add is listed in the center of the window and is displayed the next time you open this window.
If a person does not have a Sisense account, they receive a link that guides them through the activation process.
- In the dropdown menu next to each user/user group, select whether the user is a Designer with editing rights (Can edit) or a Viewer (Can view).
- Toggle the Email Reports button next to each user/user group on/off to define whether the user receives scheduled email reports of the dashboard. Read more on email reports below.
- The Dashboard URL field at the bottom displays a direct link to this dashboard that you can copy/paste.
- Click Save.
When an owner modifies a dashboard, for example, by adding a new widget, the dashboard is not automatically updated for recipients. The owner of a dashboard must publish their updated dashboard to update the dashboards of their recipients, and the dashboard recipients must refresh the dashboard before any of the owner’s changes are applied.
When a dashboard that has been shared with at least one other user has pending changes that haven’t been published yet, Sisense highlights the Share icon to remind you that until the dashboard is published, your users do not have the freshest dashboard.
To publish a dashboard to your recipients:
- In the heading of your dashboard, click Republish.
In the Dashboards list, right-click the dashboard’s name and select > Republish.
Updating a Shared Dashboard
When a recipient modifies a shared dashboard, those changes remain local unless the recipient updates their dashboard to match the dashboard of the owner. If the recipient updates their shared dashboard to match the dashboard of the owner, any of their local changes to the dashboard are overwritten. Sisense recommends that recipients save any local versions of a shared dashboard as a new dashboard before updating a dashboard.
To update a shared dashboard:
- In the heading of your dashboard, click > Restore Dashboard.
In the Dashboards list, right-click the dashboard’s name and select > Restore Dashboard.
- Click Yes to confirm that you want to update the shared dashboard.
Managing Subscription Settings for a Shared Dashboard
By default, the dashboard owner manages the reporting settings (email content and scheduling frequency) for each recipient. However, the dashboard owner can allow the recipients to manage these settings for themselves.
The report recipients can manage their own subscription settings but not the settings for other users. Both the report recipient and the dashboard owner can turn off a subscription for any of the shared users on the dashboard. Only the dashboard owner can turn the subscription back on.
Note: To enable dashboard recipients to manage their subscription settings, your Sisense Administrator must first activate the End-User Scheduling on the Admin page under Feature Management.
To allow recipients to manage subscription settings:
- In the heading of the dashboard whose settings you want the recipient to manage, click the Share button.
OR In the Dashboards list, select > Share for the relevant dashboard.
The Share window opens.
- Click Republish to update the shared dashboard.
To manage subscription settings as a Viewer:
In the heading of your dashboard, click the Email reporting settings button. This button appears only if the dashboard owner gave you the right to manage your reporting settings for this dashboard.
The Report window opens.
Your subscription status appears in the top-right corner. If you are unsubscribed to the dashboard report, you cannot change the schedule settings for the report. You can still manage your report content and receive a report on demand ("now").
- Select the format in which to receive the report, set the desired schedule, and then click Save.
- (Optionally) To unsubscribe from the report, toggle the Subscription Off control at the top-right corner. Once unsubscribed, only the dashboard owner can re-subscribe you.
Note: If you were subscribed to the report both as an individual user and as part of a user group, once you unsubscribe from the individual account, the system will stop sending email reports to your email (ignoring the fact that you are still subscribed as part of the group).
Changing Ownership of a Dashboard
The owner of a dashboard can transfer ownership of the dashboard to an Admin or another Designer. Transferring ownership of dashboards can be useful when the original owner leaves your company and you do not want to lose their dashboards.
When you transfer ownership to another user, the dashboard remains as a shared dashboard within your Dashboards list, and you become a dashboard recipient. As a dashboard recipient, you are limited to how you can modify the dashboard, as described in Working with Shared Dashboards.
To transfer ownership of a dashboard:
- In the heading of the dashboard you want to transfer ownership of, click the Share button.
In the Dashboards list, select > Share for the relevant dashboard.
The Share window is displayed.
- Enter the name of the Administrator or Designer you want to transfer ownership to.
- In the User Privilege list of the user you want to make an owner, select Make Owner.
- Click Save. A Warning message is displayed.
- Click OK to confirm that you want to transfer ownership to the user.