Changing the Default Culture
When connecting to CSV, Google Sheets, and Excel spreadsheets, the Culture option defines settings such as the format of the date and time, and delimiter (decimal or comma). The default culture is ‘ English (United States)’. This defines the format of dates imported into Sisense as MM/DD/YYYY. This means that a date 04/05/2019 will be interpreted by Sisense as April 5, 2019 (whereas by European convention this would be interpreted as May 4, 2019).
If you are working with files in a non-English(US) culture, you can change the default culture, so that you won’t have to change the culture each time you import new files into Sisense.
To change the default culture:
- On the Sisense webserver, navigate to:
Connector Path CSV C:\Program Files\Sisense\DataConnectors\DotNetContainer\Connectors\Csv Google Sheets C:\Program Files\Sisense\DataConnectors\JVMContainer\Connectors\Google Spreadsheets Excel C:\Program Files\Sisense\DataConnectors\JVMContainer\Connectors\Excel
- Open up manifest.JSON with a Notepad program.
- Search for the Culture section:
- Change the default from ‘en-US’ to the your culture (use the ISO language codes):
- Save the file and close it.
- Restart the Sisense.CLRConnectorsContainer service.
When connecting to a new CSV, Google Sheets or Excel file, your culture will be displayed as the default: