Connecting to Google Ads
The ElastiCube Managerenables easy and quick access to tables contained within Google Ads. The steps below describe how to connect to this type of data source.
Note: Importing data from Google Ads is performed using the Sisense developer key and Sisense pays for the data imported from Ads. For this reason your Ads account must have access to the ‘Campaign Service’ and the user needs to have Standard Access. To check the type of access, log into your Ads account, then go to My Account > Account Access. A list of all associated campaigns and permission levels will be displayed. Increasing the permission level can only be performed by a campaign administrator using the “invite user functionality”. See Campaign Management and Users for more details. In addition, you will need an MCC account. For more information, click here.
- Click Add Data in the top menu of the ElastiCube Manager.
- Under the Web Services category, select Google Ads.
- You will be prompted to enter the following information:
- Email: Enter email associated with your Google Analytics account.
- Auth Code: Google requires an authentication code to enable access from the ElastiCube to data associated with a Google Analytics account (site name and profile IDs). To attain the Auth code click on the link Get Auth Code. The browser will open and you will need to sign in to your Google Analytics account. After signing in, click on the ‘Allow access’ button. This will generate a temporary code that you must paste into the Auth Code text box in the connection window.
- Customer ID: Enter your Google Ads Customer ID. Your Customer ID appears at the top corner of your Ads screen (after logging into your Ads account).adwords1
|V7.0.0||July 29, 2018||Google Ads API v201806|