Connecting to Google Adwords
The ElastiCube Managerenables easy and quick access to tables contained within Google Adwords. The steps below describe how to connect to this type of data source.
Note: Importing data from Google Adwords is performed using the Sisense developer key and Sisense pays for the data imported from AdWords. For this reason your AdWords account must have access to the ‘Campaign Service’ and the user needs to have Standard Access. To check the type of access, log into your AdWords account, then go to My Account > Account Access. A list of all associated campaigns and permission levels will be displayed. Increasing the permission level can only be performed by a campaign administrator using the “invite user functionality”. See Campaign Management and Users for more details. In addition, you will need an MCC account. For more information, click here.
- Click Add Data in the top menu of the ElastiCube Manager.
- Under the Web Services category, select Google AdWords.
- You will be prompted to enter the following information:
- Email: Enter email associated with your Google Analytics account.
- Auth Code: Google requires an authentication code to enable access from the ElastiCube to data associated with a Google Analytics account (site name and profile IDs). To attain the Auth code click on the link Get Auth Code. The browser will open and you will need to sign in to your Google Analytics account. After signing in, click on the ‘Allow access’ button. This will generate a temporary code that you must paste into the Auth Code text box in the connection window.
- Customer ID: Enter your Google AdWords Customer ID. Your Customer ID appears at the top corner of your AdWords screen (after logging into your AdWords account).adwords1
Note about possible build failures: If you upgrade your version of Sisense to 5.8.1, and the build fails, it may be due to the fact that the newer Sisense version is using a newer version of the Google AdWords API (v201506). If this is the case, then this API version includes changes to some of the AdWords predefined columns. Consequently, it is required for you to click refresh in the ‘Change Connectivity Settings…‘ window next to your AdWords data source and rebuild your ElastiCube. Unless this action is taken, your ElastiCube build will fail due to the change in Google AdWords schema.
See also Customizing Google Analytics and AdWords Tables.
|22.214.171.124||Apirl 19, 2017||Google Adwords API v201607 supported by Sisense v6.5.1 and earlier has been deprecated|