Connecting to MySQLNote: This topic describes how to import data into Sisense's ElastiCube, and how to use Live Connect. To import data through ElastiCube Manager, the desktop application, click here.
Sisense enables easy and quick access to databases, tables and views contained with MySQL databases. Sisense supports connections to MySQL V5.6 and later.
Note: For the list of supported connectors, see Introduction to Data Sources.
You can import your data into a Sisense ElastiCube, or connect your data to a Sisense Live model, using Live Connect.
- In the Data page, open an ElastiCube or create a new ElastiCube.
- In the Model Editor, click . The Add Data dialog box is displayed.
- Click MySQL. The MySQL Connect area is displayed.
Note: The connection options available to you depend on your Sisense deployment.
- Enter the following details:
- Location: Enter the computer/server IP address of the database. To connect to a database running on your own computer enter localhost.
In the Private Key field, enter the path of the location of your file containing the your private key.
In the Certificate field, enter the path of the location of your PEM file containing the client’s certificate.
In the Authority field, enter the path of the location of your PEM file containing the trusted SSL certificate authority.
To add a MySQL live connection:
- Open a live model. See Creating Live Models and Adding Live Connections for more information.
- In the Model Editor, click .
- In the Add Live Connection dialog box, select MySQL.
- Under the Connect tab, enter the following credentials:
- Location: The IP address of your data source.
- User Name: The user name to access data source.
- Password: The password to access your data source.
- Click Next.
- Under the Select Data tab, on the left side is a list of schemas located in your data source. Select the relevant schema. You can find the schema easily by searching for it through the search field at the top of the list to filter the schemas displayed. After selecting the schema, a list of the available tables and views are displayed.
- Select a table or view. You can find the table easily by searching for it through the search field at the top of the list to filter the tables displayed.
- Click Done. The table is added to the model.
See Publishing Live Models for information on how to publish the model and begin creating visualizations with it.
- Performing a top/bottom ranking filter on widgets requires version 8 or higher of the live connected MYSQL database. As a workaround for this, you can import your data into the ElastiCube.