This topic describes how you can add live connections to your Oracle databases in Sisense.
For information about live connections, see Sisense Live Connect.
To add an Oracle live connection:
- Open a live model. See Creating Live Models for more information.
- In the Data page, click .
- In the Add Live Connection dialog box, select your live data source.
- Under the Connect tab, enter the following credentials:
- (Optional) You can also use a direct connection to connect. Select Use Direct Connection. You will need to enter the Service ID and Port number to connect.
- Click Next.
- Under the Select Data tab, on the left side is a list of schemas located in your data source. Select the relevant schema. You can find the schema easily by searching for it through the search field at the top of the list to filter the schemas displayed. After selecting the schema, a list of the available tables and views are displayed.
- Select a table or view. You can find the table easily by searching for it through the search field at the top of the list to filter the tables displayed.
- Click Done. The connection is added as a data set to your Data Sources page.
Location: The IP address of your data source.
User Name: The user name to access data source.
Password: The password to access your data source.
Service ID: Enter your Service ID. This can be found in the TNSNAmes.ora file. You can find a full description in the following topic: Service ID.
Note that in the file for each tnsname, you can find the service ID and service name.