Connecting to PostgreSQL
Note: This topic describes how to import data using the online Sisense Web Application. To import data through the desktop ElastiCube Manager, click here.
The ElastiCube Manager enables easy and quick access to databases, tables and views contained within PostgreSQL databases. The steps below describe how to connect to this type of data source.
To import data from PostgreSQL:
- In the Data page of ElastiCube Manager, open an ElastiCube or create a new ElastiCube.
- In the ElastiCube, click . The Add Data dialog box is displayed.
- Click PostgreSQLto open the PostGreSQL settings.
- Enter the following details:
- Location: Enter the computer/server IP address of the database. To connect to a database running on your own computer enter localhost.
If Windows Authentication is configured with the database in the User Name and Password fields, enter your database credentials.
From the Tables list, select the relevant table or view you want to work with. You can click next to the relevant table or view to see a preview of the data inside it. When you select the table or view, two new options are displayed at the bottom of the list, Import Relationships and Add Custom Import SQL.
(Optional) By default, existing relationships between tables are automatically replicated in the ElastiCube. You can disable this by toggling the Import Relationships switch.
(Optional) Click + to customize the data you want to import with SQL. See Importing Data with Custom Queries for more information.
After you have selected all the relevant tables, click Done. The tables are added to your schema in the ElastiCube Manager.