Amazon Redshift Live
This topic describes how you can add live connections to your Redshift databases from the Sisense.
For information about live connections, see Live Connect.
Sisense supports relationships between tables for Redshift live models. For information about relationships and creating them, see Creating and Removing a Relationship between Tables.
Adding Amazon Redshift Live Connections
To add a Redshift live connection:
- Open a live model. See Creating Live Models for more information.
- In the Model Editor, .
- In the Add Live Connection dialog box, select Redshift.
- Under the Connect tab, enter the following credentials:
- (Optional) Select Encrypt Connection to configure the driver to encrypt all communication with the Amazon Redshift instance before sending it over the network, and then select Trust Server Certificate.
- Click Next.
- Under the Select Data tab, on the left side is a list of schemas located in your data source. Select the relevant schema. You can find the schema easily by searching for it through the Search field at the top of the list to filter the schemas displayed. After selecting the schema, a list of the available tables and views are displayed.
- From the Tables list, select the relevant table or view you want to work with. You can click next to the relevant table or view to see a preview of the data inside it. When you select the table or view, Import Relationships is displayed at the bottom of the list. By default, existing relationships between tables are automatically replicated in the live model. You can disable this by toggling the Import Relationships switch.
- Click Done to add to the model.
See Publishing Live Models for information on how to publish the model and begin creating visualizations with it.
Location: The IP address of your data source.
User Name: The user name to access data source.
Password: The password to access your data source.