Connecting to Salesforce
Sisense enables easy and quick access to databases, tables and views contained within SalesForce. The steps below describe how to connect to this type of data source.
If you need to connect to your SalesForce Sandbox environment, read this article in our support forum.
Note: Sisense only supports SalesForce Enterprise and above.
Generating a Security Token
Before getting started, you will need a SalesForce Security Token.
To generate a token:
- Open SalesForce and click Setup>'My Personal Information'>'Reset Security Token'.
- Click the button labeled ‘Reset Security Token’. The token will be sent to your email address.
Importing Salesforce Data
SalesForce can be customized in various ways, therefore its recommend to first review your deployment, and understand in which entity (account, contact etc.) and how the required data is stored. Once understood, connect to SalesForce and import a few tables to review the data. For a general outline of SalesForce entities see SalesForce Schema and Table Description.
To import Salesforce data:
- Click Add Data in the top menu of Sisense.
- Under the Web Services category, select SalesForce.
- Enter the username and password to connect to SalesForce.
- Enter the security token requested from SalesForce (see note above).
- Click Connect to Server, then click OK.
All tables and views associated with SalesForce will appear in a new window.
To preview the data contained in a particular table, highlight the table or view in the list and click the preview pane below. To preview the table, select the Preview checkbox.
- Select the checkboxes next to each table or view you want to use.
Existing relationships between tables can be automatically replicated in the ElastiCube by selecting the Automatically create relationships from database checkbox. Likewise fields with similar names can be linked by selecting the Automatically create relationships for fields with the same name checkbox.
- Once all relevant tables are selected, click Add.
For troubleshooting SalesForce connections, see our forum post.