Connecting to SharePoint
The Sisense SharePoint connector is a standalone connector that allows you to import data from SharePoint’s into Sisense. After you have downloaded and installed the connector, you can connect through a connection string you provide Sisense in Sisense. The connection string contains your credentials and is used by SharePoint to authenticate your account. Once you have connected to SharePoint, you can import a variety of tables from SharePoint.
This page describes how to install the SharePoint connector, how to connect to SharePoint with a connection string, and what tables you can import into Sisense:
- Installing the SharePoint Connector
- Creating A SharePoint Connection String
- Adding SharePoint Tables to Sisense
- SharePoint Tables
Sisense provides the SharePoint connector as a standalone connector that you can download and add to your list of default Sisense connectors.
To install the SharePoint connector:
- Download the SharePoint installation file.
- Open the installation file and click Install.
- After the installation process is complete, click Close.
The SharePoint connector is displayed in Sisense under Add Data > Web Services.
To connect to your SharePoint account’s data, you provide your SharePoint credentials in a connection string. Sisense uses connection strings to connect to SharePoint and import data into Sisense. Each connection string contains a authentication parameters that the data source uses to verify your identity and what information you can export to Sisense.
The following is an example of a SharePoint connection string:
jdbc:sharepoint:User=MyUserAccount;Password=MyPassword;Auth Scheme=NTLM;Share Point Edition=SharePoint Online;URL=http://sharepointserver/mysite;
The connection string must start with “jdbc:sharepoint:” and include the following name-value pairs separated with semicolons:
- User: The SharePoint user account used to authenticate.
- Password: The password used to authenticate the user.
- Share Point Edition: The edition of SharePoint being used. Set to either SharePoint Online or SharePoint On-Premise. If you are using SharePoint Online, add the URL parameter. If you are using SharePoint On-Premise, add the Auth Scheme parameter.
- URL: The base URL for the site.
- Auth Scheme: The scheme used for authenticating to SharePoint On-Premise instances. Accepted entries are NTLM, BASIC, DIGEST, FORMS, NONE, NEGOTIATE, and KERBEROSDELEGATION. NTLM is the default.
If you have any issues connecting to your data source, see Troubleshooting JDBC Data Connectors.
To import SharePoint tables:
- In Sisense, click Add Data and then, SharePoint. The Connect to SharePoint window is displayed.
- In Datasource Connection String, enter your connection string.
- Click Connect to Server. SharePoint is displayed in the Select Database list.
- Click OK. Sisense connects to SharePoint and displays a list of tables available for you to import.
- Select the relevant tables and click Add. The tables are displayed in Sisense.
The Sisense SharePoint connector allows you to import the following tables into Sisense.
|Announcements||Create, update, delete, and query items in Announcement lists.|
|Attachments||Read or delete Attachments for the specified item on the specified list.|
|Calendar||Create, update, query, and delete items in SharePoint Calendar lists.|
|Contacts||Create, update, query, and delete items in SharePoint Contact lists.|
|Documents||Create, update, delete, and query Documents from SharePoint libraries.|
|FileVersions||Lists the versions of files available on SharePoint.|
|GetValidTerms||Gets a list of valid terms for the specified column on the specified table.|
|Groups||Create, update, delete, and query Groups from SharePoint.|
|IssueTracking||Create, update, query, and delete items in SharePoint Issue Tracking lists.|
|Links||Create, update, query, and delete items in SharePoint Link lists.|
|Lists||Lists can be used to list the tables in SharePoint. This will only return actual lists in SharePoint and not any special tables associated with the driver.|
|Permissions||The permissions for a site or list.|
|Pictures||Create, update, delete, and query documents in a picture library.|
|Roles||Create, update, delete, and query Roles from SharePoint.|
|Subsites||This lists the available subsites.|
|Tasks||Create, update, query, and delete items in a SharePoint Tasks list.|
|Users||Create, update, delete, and query Users from SharePoint.|
|Views||Create, update, delete, and query the available lists in SharePoint.|
|22.214.171.124||May 23, 2017||General Beta release|