Connecting to Snowflake
This topic describes how you can add live connections to your Snowflake databases in Sisense.
For information about live connections, see Live Connect.
To connect to your Snowflake database, you need to provide a connection string that identifies which Snowflake database you are connecting to and that database’s credentials. To create a connection string, see JDBC Driver Connection String.
Note: You must provide the warehouse name (warehouse=<name>) and database name (db=<name>) in the connection string.
Alternatively, you provide your connection string and instead of user credentials, you can use Key-Pair credentials for authentication. For more information, see Using Key Pair Authentication.
To add a Snowflake live connection:
- In the Data page, open a live model or click to create a new live model.
- In the Model Editor, click . The Add Data dialog box is displayed.
- In the Add Data dialog box, select Snowflake.
- In Connection String, enter your connection string to your Snowflake database. To create a connection string, see JDBC Driver Connection String.
- In User Name, enter your Snowflake user name.
- In Password, enter your password.
Select Use Key Pair Authentication, and enter your Key Pair value.
- Click Next. All tables and views associated with Snowflake are displayed.
- From the Tables list, select the relevant table or view you want to work with.
- After you have selected all the relevant tables, click Done. The tables are added to your schema.
- Snowflake Live does not support the Ranking filter