Connecting to SQL
Note: This topic describes how to import data using the online Sisense Web Application. To import data through the desktop ElastiCube Manager, click here.
The web-based version of the ElastiCube Manager enables easy and quick access to databases, tables and views contained with SQL databases.
To import data from your SQL database:
- In the Data page of ElastiCube Manager, open an ElastiCube or click to create a new ElastiCube.
- In the ElastiCube, click . The Add Data dialog box is displayed.
- Click SQL Server. The SQL Server Database Connect area is displayed.
- Enter the following details:
- Location: Enter the computer/server IP address of the database. To connect to a database running on your own computer enter localhost.
If Windows Authentication is configured with the database in the User Name and Password fields, enter your database credentials.