SQL Server Live
This topic describes how you can add live connections to your SQL Server databases in Sisense.
For information about live connections, see Sisense Live Connect.
To add a SQL Server Live connection:
Open a live model. See Creating Live Models for more information.
In the Model Editor, click .
- In the Add Live Connection dialog box, select SQL Server.
- Under the Connect tab, enter the following credentials:
- (Optional) Select Encrypt Connection to configure the driver to encrypt all communication with the SQL Server instance before sending it over the network, and then select Trust Server Certificate.
- Click Next.
- Under the Select Data tab, on the left side is a list of schemas located in your data source. Select the relevant schema. You can find the schema easily by searching for it through the search field at the top of the list to filter the schemas displayed. After selecting the schema, a list of the available tables and views are displayed.
- Select a table or view. You can find the table easily by searching for it through the search field at the top of the list to filter the tables displayed.
- Click Done. The table is added to the model.
See Publishing Live Models for information on how to publish the model and begin creating visualizations with it.
Location: The IP address of your data source.
User Name: The user name to access data source.
Password: The password to access your data source.
Connecting to SQL Server from Sisense Remotely
If you are connecting remotely to Sisense and trying to connect to your SQL Server with Windows Authentication, you need to update the login properties of the Sisense.CLRConnectorsContainer service.
To update the Sisense.CLRConnectorsContainer service:
- Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services.
- Find the Sisense.CLRConnectorsContainer service, and right-click and select Properties.
- Select the Log On tab, select This account.
- In This account, enter your Windows account user name for the machine you are connecting to.
- In Password and Confirm password, enter your Windows password.
- Click OK.
- Restart the Sisense.CLRConnectorsContainer service.