Using Custom SQL to Import Data
Applicable to Sisense on Linux and Microsoft Windows
Create custom SQL queries to manipulate the data that you want to import, for example:
- Import selected data only, to save import and build times in cases where you do not require all the data.
- Perform various procedures in the database such as table joins.
After pushing your custom query, you can preview the updated tables before importing the data into the ElastiCube.Notes:
- This feature is available for the following relational databases: Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, and Amazon Redshift. This feature runs a query in the source database, which may require a lot of processing power from your database, especially for complex queries.
To create a custom SQL query:
- After connecting to your data, click Edit.
- Select Manual Query Input, and type in your query.
- Click Apply Table. Your preview will update to reflect the query.
- You can now click Add to import the data based on your SQL query.