Enabling Relationships between Tables in Live Models
Sisense allows you to enable or disable the creation of relationships between tables in Live data models. By default, creating relationships is enabled for the following databases:
- Amazon Redshift
- Google BigQuery
- Microsoft SQL Server
For other databases that support Live models, the Sisense Administrator needs to manually enable relationships between tables.
Note: Sisense recommends creating relationships between tables on high-performance databases. If enabling this for other databases, Sisense recommends testing the dashboard performance to ensure that it is not impacted before publishing the dashboard to your users.
For all databases, Sisense Administrators can disable the creation of relationships. In case the Administrator disables this on a data model where relationships were already defined, the users will not be able to create new relationships, but the previously-defined relationships will remain. Note: For MemSQL, disabling is currently unavailable.
To enable/disable relationships between tables in Live models:
- Follow one of the paths for the relevant database:
Connector Path MySQL, MS-SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Redshift
Google BigQuery, MemSQL, Snowflake
- Open the directory for the connector and open the relevant file:
Connector File MySQL, MS-SQL, Oracle, Redshift manifest.json file Google BigQuery, MemSQL, PostgreSQL, Snowflake description.json file
- Change the value of the "isLiveRelationsSupported" property to true:
Note: Files and settings are overwritten during upgrades.
- Save the file.
- Restart the following services as described below:
Connector Service MySQL, MS-SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Redshift Sisense.CLRConnectorsContainer service Google BigQuery, MemSQL, Snowflake Sisense.JVMConnectorsContainer service
- Refresh your browser. When dragging database tables on top of each other in the Data page, the Relationship preview window is displayed. In this window, you can create joins between columns belonging to these tables. For details, click here.
- (Optional) To disable relationships, change the value of the "isLiveRelationsSupported" property back to false and proceed as above.