Adding a Custom Table
With the ElastiCube Manager, you can easily create custom tables, which combine existing data. This is useful for preparing and cleansing data. Follow the steps below to learn how to add custom tables using SQL.
To create a custom table:
- In the ElastiCube Manager, open the schema of the ElastiCube you want to add to a custom table to.
- In the menu bar of the schema, click . The New Custom Table area is displayed.
- Enter the name of the custom table, and click .
- Enter SQL statements to access tables and fields that exist in the ElastiCube Manager schema. See also SQL Reference and Function Reference.
- To view results based on the SQL statement, click .
Note: You can save an incomplete or invalid SQL expression, however you will not be able to build the custom expression. At least one build including the relevant base table must be completed in order to preview results.
- Click Save to save your changes.
- Press Ctrl + Space to complete an SQL statement.
- To make it easier to access table fields, give the table name an alias and reference the alias to bring up the related fields. For example SELECT A. FROM A.
- You can add comments in expressions by using the ‘–’ for a single line or /…/ for blocks.