Adding a Custom Table
With Sisense, you can easily create custom tables that can combine existing data. This is useful for preparing and cleansing data. Follow the steps below to learn how to add custom tables using SQL.
To create a custom table:
- In Sisense, open the schema of the ElastiCube you want to add to a custom table to.
- In the menu bar of the schema, click . The New Custom Table area is displayed.
- Enter the name of the custom table, and click .
- Enter SQL statements to access tables and fields that exist in Sisense schema. See also SQL Reference and Functions Overview.
- To view results based on the SQL statement, click .
Note: You can save an incomplete or invalid SQL expression, however when you build the ElastiCube. only the last valid expression will be included. If you have not built an ElastiCube with a valid expression, then the invalid or incomplete expression will not be saved.
- Click Save to save your changes.
- Press Ctrl + Space to complete an SQL statement.
- To make it easier to access table fields, give the table name an alias and reference the alias to bring up the related fields. For example SELECT A. FROM A.
- You can add comments in expressions by using the ‘–’ for a single line or /…/ for blocks.