Migrating Sisense System Configurations
Applicable to Sisense on Microsoft Windows
To migrate your Sisense Web Application configuration, you must copy several directories from the current environment and migrate them to the new environment.
In addition, your Sisense application database has an identifier associated with it when you install Sisense. This identifier must be deleted when migrating Sisense as each database should have its own unique identifier. A new identifier will be generated in the environment the next time Sisense is opened. You can access the database through RoboMongo and remove the identifier as described below.
To migrate the Sisense Web Application:
- Back up the old environment, open your machine’s Control Panel, and go to System and Security > Administrative Tools > Services, and stop the SisenseRepository service (this will make the website inaccessible).
- Create a copy of the entire Repository directory located at:
- Replace the existing Repository directory in the new environment with the one you backed up.
- Create a copy of the entire Discovery directory located at:
Note: The Sisense.Discovery service should be stopped before copying the directory.
- Replace the existing Discovery directory in the new environment with the one you backed up.
- In Windows Services, start the Sisense.Repository service and Sisense.Discovery service.
- Open Robomongo and connect to your application database with a WriteUser. For more information, see Accessing the Sisense Application Database.
- Under PrismWebDB, go to the servers collection and edit the file with address LocalHost.
- Verify that the value of "identity" is the same for each application database in your configuration. It should be the same as the value in %programdata%\Sisense\PrismServer\ServerIdentity.xml. If the values are different, update the value in the database to match the value in the ServerIdentity.xml file.
- Open Windows Services and restart the following services:
- Open the IIS Manager and restart the website SisenseWeb.