Exporting Pivot Tables to Excel
You can export your pivot tables to Excel (XLSX). When you export a pivot table to Excel, the data that is exported is the data that is displayed in your widget.
Exporting to Excel maintains your pivot’s layout and structure, and values such as sub-totals, which are not maintained when you export a pivot table to CSV.
The example below shows a pivot table exported to Excel versus CSV:
To export a widget to Excel:
- In Dashboard mode, click on the widget’s menu, and select Download > Excel File.
- In Edit mode, click on the download icon, and select Download Excel File.
Exporting to Excel via the REST API
In addition to exporting to Excel via the Sisense Web Application, you can export binary content via the Sisense REST API through the POST /engine/excelExport endpoint. You can then convert this content to an Excel file (.xlsx).
Note: This endpoint is not available from Sisense’s interactive REST API. For more information about the endpoint, see the POST /engine/excelExport in Version 1.0 of the REST API.
- Sisense supports the exporting of pivot tables of up to 1.5 million cells. Attempting to export a higher number of cells might result in a timeout. The following properties of a pivot table increase the probability of reaching a timeout when dealing with very large tables:
- Sub totals or Grand totals
- Complex formulas in Values
- Data Security rules
- Widget-level filters
To successfully export pivot tables, you are advised to split pivot table with many columns to separate pivot tables.
- The maximum number of columns in pivot tables is 20 columns.
- The maximum number of rows per page is 200 rows.