Auth0 is a service that abstracts how users authenticate to applications. From Auth0, you and your users can log in to Auth0 and then access applications such as Sisense without having to log in to each application.
Auth0 supports applications that support SAML 2.0, such as Sisense.
This page describes how to add Sisense to Auth0 and configure SSO-support with SAML 2.0 by creating an Auth0 app and connecting it to Sisense.
Note: This page reflects a 3rd party’s application which may change. If the steps described here do not match what you see in your Auth0 account, you can use the generic Sisense SAML documentation, along with the IdP’s documentation.
Connecting Sisense to Auth0
To connect Sisense to Auth0:
- Log in to your Auth0 account.
- Select Clients from the left menu.
- Click CREATE CLIENT.
- In the Name field, enter a name for your app and select Regular web applications.
- Click Create.
- In your app’s homepage, open the Addons tab and enable the SAML 2.0 Web app.
The Addon: SAML2 Web App window is displayed.
- In the Application Callback URL field, enter http://DOMAIN_NAME/api/v1/authentication/login_saml_callback/, replace DOMAIN_Name with your domain.
- Click Save.
- Close the Addon: SAML2 Web App window and then open the Settings tab.
- Click Show Advanced Settings.
- Open the Certificates tab and copy the Signing Certificate.
- In the Sisense Web Application, select the Admin>Single Sign On.
- In the Single Sign On page, enable SSO and click Edit.
- Paste the Signing Certificate you copied in Step 11 and paste it in the Public X.509 Certificate field.
- In Auth0, open the Endpoints tab, and copy the value of the SAML Protocol URL field.
- In the Sisense Web Application, paste the SAML protocol into the Remote Login URL field and click Save. Users who access any of the web pages on your Sisense server, will be redirected to Auth0 for authentication.
Hey! Was this article helpful?
Questions? Ask the community.