The Pie chart is used to display proportional data, and/or percentages.
- In the CATEGORIES panel, click ADD + to select the data that will be displayed in the PIE CHART. You can add only one field.
Typically, the categories of a PIE CHART contain descriptive data.
Note: All slices that are smaller or equal to 3% are grouped together into a slice called Other. You can hover over this slice to display its breakdown.
- In the VALUES area, select the field whose values determine the size of the pie slice by clicking ADD +. VALUES are typically used to represent numeric data.
Note: You can add only one field.
Designing the Pie Chart
Fine-tune the appearance of the PIE CHART widget, using the following tools:
- PIE TYPE: Select how the pie appears.
- LEGEND: Specify whether to show or hide the LEGEND, and select its position.
- LABELS: Select which labels to display on the pie chart, as indicated below:
Hey! Was this article helpful?
Questions? Ask the community.